Thrift store row on Fourth Street has grown a shop bigger.
Offering antiques, collectibles and retail overstock items, Coeur d'Alene Flea Market opened last week at 823 Fourth St. The 3,000-square-foot location formerly housed the Paris Flea Market, which moved north on Fourth to a space beside the Hospice Thrift Store.
Also offering vendor space, Cd'A Flea Market is open 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays. Vendors are welcome to join a "live" flea market for $25 at the back of the store and outside 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturdays. Owner is Suzy Sindelar. Phone 704-6694.
Dollar store open in Rathdrum
EJ's Dollar Store and More has opened across from Super 1 Foods in Rathdrum.
Owners Emma and Joe (hence the EJ's) moved from Post Falls in October 2011 and realized Rathdrum needed a dollar store. She left real estate, and he was in construction.
"The community has welcomed us with an overwhelming response," Emma said.
Hours are 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday to Friday. Phone 446-7013.
Fun Unlimited offers detailing, rentals
Describing their detailing as "a spa treatment for your vehicle," Keith and Cara Quien have opened Fun Unlimited at 2305 Fourth St.
The detailing for cars, trucks, boats and RVs includes washing, cleaning and "dressing" the wheels, buffing the exterior (removing scratches and applying wax), degreasing engine compartments, cleaning door jams, blowing out air vents, vacuuming the interior, cleaning all vinyl in the dash, doors and console, using hot water extractor on the carpets and upholstery, cleaning and conditioning leather seats and cleaning windows. Whew!
Rentals include power sport equipment such as ATVs, personal watercraft (Waverunners), SUPs (stand-up paddleboards), bicycles, kayaks and snowmobiles. Rentals are by the day or longer.
Hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday. The Quiens moved the business from Mead. Phone 620-9050.
Keep reading these Tidbits
• Tony's on the Lake has added lunch 11:30-2:30 weekends and is now open for dinner daily.
• The Enaville Resort A.K.A. SnakePit is back open! Hours are 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday and Thursday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Sundays. Closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Phone 682-3453.
• Reported incorrectly last week, Vacation Sports Rentals at 311 Coeur d'Alene Ave. is owned by Patty and Joe Bordelon and managed by son-in-law Joe Lovell.
• The people opening a new bank in downtown Cd'A aren't ready for publicity.
• Watch for a new car rental business coming to town.
• When we visited Savannah, Ga., and Charleston, S.C., last fall, taking tour buses was really handy. And they'd let you out to explore and get on again later. If a tour company was to open here, what places/things do you think they should include? Email ideas to me.
• We tried a new eatery last week. The music was so loud and obnoxious - we won't go back. The manager said they have it for "atmosphere." Hmmm. For the employees or the customers?
• Style note: "Ensure" means to make certain; "insure" requires money.
• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.
• Contact Nils Rosdahl at email@example.com.
POCATELLO - White wheat 6.00 (steady); 11.5 percent winter 6.03 (up 9); 14 percent spring 7.47 (up 5); barley 10.41 (steady); hard white 6.83 (up 9).
BURLEY - White wheat 6.15 (up 5); 11.5 percent winter 6.28 (up 14); 14 percent spring 7.59 (up 11); barley 10.00 cwt (steady); hard white 6.38 (up 8).
OGDEN - White wheat 6.15 (steady); 11.5 percent winter 6.25 (up 13); 14 percent spring 7.66 (up 11); barley 9.85 (steady); corn 11.04 (steady).
PORTLAND - White wheat 7.00 (up 7); 11 percent winter 7.65-7.70 (up 8 to 13); 14 percent spring 9.24 (up 6); corn 262.00-262.25 (steady).
NAMPA - White wheat 10.00 cwt (steady); 6.00 bushel (steady).