Hawaiian-style hot dogs are the specialty of Lavadog. Seating 25 customers inside and with a drive-through, the eatery opened last week at 180 W. Hayden Ave. (in the Super 1-Ace Hardware complex).
The menu includes nine Hawaiian-theme hot dogs, all quarter-pound and 100 percent beef, combos with Hawaiian chips and soda, a kid's dog and snacks, sauces, relishes and toppings.
Hours are 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Owners are Eric and Sabra Burkholder; she is originally from Hawaii. It's on Facebook, and a website is under construction. Phone 209-8518.
Pawn Inc. opens in Dalton
Items may be sold, bought, consigned or used for loans at Pawn Inc., which opened in June at 6456 Government Way in Dalton Gardens (across from Silver Lake Mall). The large space formerly was Estate Sales and Rodda Paint.
The inventory includes music items, guns, jewelry, tools, computers, videos and CDs. Owner Chris Bettencourt also has a Pawn Inc. in Ponderay. Hours are 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. weekdays and 10 to 6 Saturdays.
Phone 772-6555. Check Facebook and www.pawninc.com.
Big Dan's Nutrition in Hayden Creek Plaza
"The Supplement Store" is the nickname of Big Dan's Nutrition, which opened last week in Hayden Creek Plaza at 8142 Government Way.
The emphasis includes performance enhancement and sport supplements, general nutrition, weight loss, vitamins, apparel and more. A protein bar is free with any purchase.
Hours are 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. weekdays. Owner Daniel Moore also has stores in Lewiston and Moscow. Local managers are Thomas and Zara Jacobs. Phone 818-6465. Check Facebook andwww.bigdansfitness.com.
Well-ness Bar has natural juices
Fresh, raw juice and smoothies are featured at the Well-ness Bar, which opened in July at 312 Fourth St. (across from CdA Crossfit).
Owners Monica and Tait Engebretsen make their eight juices and five smoothies on the premises (as you wait) from fresh cucumber, avocado, beets, ginger, kale, spinach and mint along with organic, kosher espresso and fruit and herb-infused waters.
"Drinking fresh, raw juices has proven health benefits such as weight loss, clearer skin, better body tone and is delicious and convenient," Monica said. The store also has a meeting space for wellness related classes.
Hours are 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturdays and 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sundays. Phone 665-9098.
And now the Tidbits
- Watch for Pretty Angel Botanicals & Gifts in Riverstone, CdA Nails & Spa in Crossroads Plaza, Buffalo Wild Wings off Highway 95 at Neider and Fortus Realty at Harrison and Third and news from Capone's.
- August, this year, has five Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. This happens only once every 823 years. It may be good luck if you tell someone else.
- The temperatures have been in the 90s. Notice "90s" is simply plural, not possessive (90's). And ads show new houses in the "$200,000's." Aaargh. Not possessive (until you buy one). Heh, heh.
- In a church bulletin: "A bean supper is 6 p.m. Tuesday. Music will follow."
- Contact Nils Rosdahl at firstname.lastname@example.org.