Pleasant places and good products and people are the pledge of two new brew businesses.
Everything you need to make your own craft beer, wine, cider and other beverages is available at Two Knights Homebrew at 3920 W. Fifth Ave. in Post Falls. Take I-90's Pleasantview exit north and find Two Knights in Unit A3 near Toro Viejo and across from Love's Travel Stop.
Owners Levi and M'Liss Knight also will make beverages for customers and offer bottles and labels. They'll have live music and products from local breweries at their grand opening 5-9 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 7.
Sample products from Slate Creek, Selkirk Abbey, Trickster's and Mad Bomber (see below). Phone 777-BREW (2739). Email email@example.com.
Mad Bomber honors servicemen
Six flagship beers named for military comrades of owner Tom Applegate are featured at Mad Bomber Brewing. The business opened at 9265 Government Way, Hayden, in the space of the former Copa Restaurant.
Seating is at seven tables, two bars and a couch near a fireplace. The decor includes photos of servicemen in action, including Applegate's deceased buddies, and tiles with the names of every bomb squad serviceman killed in action.
Originally from Florence, Mont., Applegate was in the Army eight years. Helping with Mad Bomber are his wife Stephanie, Alan Longacre and John Taylor. They can cater for events.
Hours are 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays. Phone 762-7343. Check www.madbomberbrewing.com.
Variety at The Wow Store
Gifts, quality furniture, collectibles and jewelry are among items at The Wow Store in Sunup Plaza at 6055 Government Way.
Owners Tom and Linda Schaefer and Cheryl Hultberg offer an amazing variety of items including Princess Creations, Paracord wear, hand-made hairclips, NASCAR collectibles and specialty candy. They will consign high-end furniture. The 2,400-square-foot store formerly housed Picadilly Thrift.
Hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday. Phone 635-5181. The www.thewowstore.com website is pending.
Cd'A Primary Care in Riverstone
Medical care for all ages is offered at Coeur d'Alene Primary Care. The full-service family practice clinic with physicians and nurse practitioners opened in Suite 203 at 2065 W. Riverstone Drive.
Hours are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 9 to 3 Fridays. Phone 215-2045. Check www.cdacare.com.
And now for the Tidbits
- H&E Equipment Services has moved from Coeur d'Alene to Post Falls. Details next week.
- Hagadone Marine's used boat center is now in the former Specialty Sales building at W. 772 Kathleen Ave. The main showroom remains on Blackwell Island. Check www.hagadonemarine.com. The new space is open by appointment only. Phone 664-8274.
- The estate sales business in the 6400 block of Government Way has closed.
- Old U-Montana journalism buddy Carl Gidlund sent a batch of historical headlines. Here's some we can print: "Homicide victims rarely talk to police," "City unsure why sewer smells," "Marijuana issue sent to joint committee" and "Meat head resigns." More later.
- Contact Nils Rosdahl at firstname.lastname@example.org.