What was built as a Shilo Inn about 30 years ago at 702 W. Appleway has been completely renovated, upgraded and expanded into a combination Comfort Inn & Suites and Mainstay Suites.
The four-story complex comprises 92 suites in the Comfort Inn (46 are complete) and 46 (all complete) in the Mainstay Suites.
Amenities include free breakfast, an indoor pool, hot tub, computer center, meeting room, laundry room, free Wifi, marketplace, fitness center, microwave and refrigerator. The Mainstay suites can sleep six with two double-queen beds and a sofa sleeper.
Watch for the grand opening ceremony. Kelly May is sales manager. Phone 208-664-2300. Check www.comfortinncda.com.
The new owner is Town Pump Hotels of Helena, Mont. The company has 14 hotels, more than 200 gas station-convenience stores, car washes and casinos, primarily in Montana, since 1953. Check www.townpumphotels.com.
A&B Market plans downtown opening
A Sept 1. opening is planned for A&B Market on the main corner of the former Dingle Hardware location at 402 E. Sherman.
It will offer complete convenience store items, inside and outside seating and local beers on tap. Handmade burgers, hot dogs and toppings are in the future.
Hours will be 10 a.m. to 2:30 a.m. daily. Phone 208-930-6840. Owners Bobby and Armi Ellison are from Cd’A and Finland (here after military duty).
The second and third floors of the historic building are being completely renovated by owners Craig and Debbie Ward of C&D Properties. The screenprinting business Underground Expressions remains in the basement level. With various sizes, 10 offices will be available soon. Phone 208-699-1999.
Hearing businesses combine on Ironwood
Retiring after more than 20 years at 1601 N. Third St., Dr. Tia Flynn is combining her Affordable Hearing Aids practice with Audiology Research Associates at 700 W. Ironwood Drive (Suite 262).
Audiologists are Kevin Hague (also owner) and Karen Torosian. Hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday and until 4 p.m. Fridays. Phone 208-765-4961.
And now the Tidbits
• Panda Express is under construction at State Line.
• Any clues on what’s happening to the former Great Harvest space near Costco?
• Or on a rumored Burger King near Ramsey Road and Kathleen Avenue?
• Rebel Rose nail salon opened in Post Falls.
• Power Yoga will be at 2018 Main St. in Riverstone.
• Cd’A’s revamped Super 1 Foods has a second-floor terrace where customers can eat and watch the whole store.
• Ranch Real Estate Group is building a new place at 3931 N. Schreiber Way.
• Woops Macaron will be a new eatery in the former Montgomery Ward building being remodeled at 119 N. Fourth St.
• Riverview Towers at 2100 Northwest Blvd. will have new occupants in Evergreen Home Loans and Meine Insurance.
• PayneWest Insurance in October will move from 703 Lakeside Ave. to Parkside Tower at 601 E. Front.
• Watch for a Jitterz coffee stand at Prairie and Heartland.
• Roger’s Burgers & Ice Cream, already with two places in Coeur d’Alene and one in Post Falls, is building a fourth, this one at 8833 N. Hess St. in Hayden.
• Northwest Tea Company will be at 4055 N. Government Way (the former Herbie’s Cafe location).
• Hibachi Sushi is coming to 221 E. Sherman.
• A Profile By Sanford and a Thai Express eatery will open in Crossroads Center at Appleway and Ramsey.
• A new Fu-Ki Japanese Steakhouse is under construction where the Kynrede Cafe was at 8885 N. Government Way in Hayden.
• Watch for a new Beau Monde Exchange and a new Domino’s Pizza in Post Falls.
• Incrediburger & Eggs will build a new place next to Firehouse Subs on Appleway. Idaho Central Credit Union will be across the street.
• A new place downtown will be Live For Blu fine art at 505 E. Sherman.
• Staybridge Suites hotel is under construction in Riverstone. Watch for news of a new planned hotel.
• “I childproofed my house but the kids still get in.”
• Contact Nils Rosdahl at email@example.com.