When it comes to taste in superheroes, Idahoans are one in a million -- or at least one in 50.
Idaho’s preferred movie from the Marvel Cinematic Universe is “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2,” according to a report from CableTV.com.
No other state named the 2017 sequel to the 2014 hit by the same name, starring Chris Pratt and Zoe Saldana, as its favorite Marvel movie.
Analysts at the company reviewed Google Trends data for each Marvel movie title to determine which film generated the most online interest in each state over the past five years.
The Iron Man franchise led the pack, topping searches in 18 states, while “The Incredible Hulk” captured the top spot in 13 states.
Most of the remaining states were split among The Avengers, Captain America, Spider-Man, Black Panther and Thor.
While Idahoans are solely true to Peter Quill, Rocket and Groot, five states had two movies tie for first place:
• Illinoisans are fans of “The Incredible Hulk” and “Captain America: Civil War.”
• Bay Staters go full Tony Stark with “Iron Man 2” and “Iron Man 3.”
• Michiganders like “Iron Man 2” and “The Incredible Hulk.”
• Oregonians prefer “Iron Man 2” and “Thor: The Dark World.”
• Pennsylvanians love big-cast movies “The Avengers” and “Avengers: Age of Ultron.”
Alaska was the lone state to name “Ant-Man” as its favorite flick. Four states were unable to choose just one, including Utah, which featured a remarkable 14-way tie among the 18 films.
The study results come as “Avengers: Infinity War” opened in theaters this week.