A friend sent me a post that asked the 7 million viewers who watched it to boycott the NFL. The video shows the NFL is unfair and hypocritical because it is driven by political correctness and only allows certain players to support their cause by taking a knee during the National Anthem. The video says:
• In 2012, the NFL disliked Tim Tebow kneeling before the game and after each score to pray.
• In 2013, the NFL fined Brandon Marshall for wearing green cleats to help people with mental illness.
• In 2014, Robert Griffin III entered a press conference wearing a shirt that said: “Know Jesus, Know Peace.” But an NFL uniform inspector made him turn it inside out before he could speak at the podium.
• In 2015, De Angelo Williams was fined for wearing “Find a Cure,” eye black for Breast Cancer.
• In 2015, William Gay was fined for wearing purple cleats to spotlight domestic violence.
• In 2016, the Dallas Cowboys were prohibited from wearing a decal on their helmets to honor the five policemen killed in the line of duty.
• In 2016, the NFL threatened to fine players who wanted to commemorate the 15th anniversary of 9/11.
This is hard. I love football like everybody else. But I am not feeling that NFL football is returning that love to everybody. Football fans are very smart and we recognize more than one kind of injustice.