Jim and Mina McAnulty
Jim and Mina McAnulty met on the beach in Huntington Beach, Calif. He was a surfer and she was trying to see how tan she could get. This was in 1964. Since he was 15 and she was 17, marriage was the last thing on their minds that day! After four years, they decided to make it official and were married on June 29, 1968, at the quaint little church in Knotts Berry Farm.
Nine months later instead of a baby, Uncle Sam sent Jim a draft notice and they spent the next two years at Fort Ord. After Jim was discharged, they returned to Huntington Beach, and this time, nine months later they were blessed with a sweet baby girl. Two years later, another little girl joined the family.
In 1974, they decided to leave the busyness of Orange County and moved to the small town of Dunsmuir in Northern California. In Dunsmuir where they raised their daughters, Jim worked for Union Pacific Railroad and Mina worked at the one and only elementary school. During this time their girls grew up, married and eventually moved to Coeur d’Alene. Seven grandkids followed and Jim and Mina couldn’t stand it no more, so after they retired, they moved to Coeur d’Alene in 2003 to hang out with those seven grandkids! They have fal1en in love with the town and the people here.
They would like to thank their daughters and their families for the wonderful 50th celebration and God for blessing their lives through the years! It has truly been a wonderful life.
• • •
Submit your milestones to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at the Coeur d’Alene Press, 215 Second St., Coeur d’Alene, ID 83814.
• Wedding anniversaries for couples married 25 years and every fifth year thereafter (2 photos accepted)
• Engagement announcements (1 photo accepted)
• Wedding announcements (1 photo accepted)
• Births (1 photo accepted)
• Milestone birthdays at age 70 and every fifth year thereafter or every year after age 90 (1 photo accepted)
• Generations (1 photo accepted)
• Academic honors and higher education accomplishments (1 photo accepted)
• Military announcements (1 photo accepted)
Deadline is 3 p.m. Tuesdays.