Carol and Gary Ormesher
Carol and Gary Ormesher celebrated their 60th anniversary on Sept. 8, 2018, at the Spokane Valley Eagles. The event was hosted by Karen and Chris Ellenberger. In attendance were 80 family and friends. Dinner and dancing was enjoyed by all. Music was provided by musicians Chris Ellenberger, Dawn Latronica, Mingo and Jerry Willard.
Carol and Gary were married in Coeur d’Alene on Sept. 10, 1958. They owned and ran the Paul Bunyan Drive In from 1963 to 1983. The Paul Bunyan Drive In is still a landmark in downtown Coeur d’Alene and was a Ormesher family-owned business started in 1952. The drive-in was known for quality hamburgers and shakes.
Carol and Gary were able to have their picture taken with this classic 1958 Chevrolet convertible.
Jeanne and Herb Helstrom
Jeanne and Herb Helstrom recently celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary with a cruise to Alaska. Jeanne Stone and Herb Helstrom were married on Aug. 30, 1968, in the Coeur d’Alene Church of the Nazarene. Their children, Kristin Helstrom, Jamee Fitzpatrick (Randy) and Bridgette Lowry (Dane) held an open house celebration for family and friends in August.
Both Jeanne and Herb graduated from Coeur d’Alene High School in 1965 and 1966. The Helstroms have seven grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
Bestland Senior Independent Living resident Donna Morse celebrated her 99th birthday on Sept. 20. Donna was born and raised in Michigan, but completed her high school education in California, where she began her career in banking. She enjoys painting, dancing and reading.
• • •
Submit your milestones to email@example.com or in person at the Coeur d’Alene Press, 215 Second St., Coeur d’Alene, ID 83814.
• Wedding anniversaries for couples married 25 years and every fifth year thereafter (2 photos accepted)
• Engagement announcements (1 photo accepted)
• Wedding announcements (1 photo accepted)
• Births (1 photo accepted)
• Milestone birthdays at age 70 and every fifth year thereafter or every year after age 90 (1 photo accepted)
• Generations (1 photo accepted)
• Academic honors and higher education accomplishments (1 photo accepted)
• Military announcements (1 photo accepted)
Deadline is 3 p.m. Tuesdays.