The owner is new, but the menu remains the same at Santorini’s Greek Cuisine restaurant in Fairground Center at 4055 N. Government Way. A.J. Mouser purchased the business from Dino and Fotini Tsakarestos.
Traditional Greek foods fill a large menu that includes main dishes, salads, sides, soups, desserts, wine and beer.
Hours are lunch from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Mondays and Tuesdays and lunch and dinner from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday through Saturday.
“It’s all homemade foods, nothing commercially or from a freezer,” Mouser said.
The place seats 44 customers and has take-out and phone-in. Phone 208-676-0519. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Relic Moon opens on Fourth Street
Professional body piercing and exquisite body jewelry are offered at Relic Moon opening Friday at 812 N. Fourth St.
Owners Harry Ruo and Toni Cartiglia also have had a location in Silver Lake Mall for eight years. They are joined by piercers Amy Christiansen and Monica Falk.
“We offer professional body piercing and quality body jewelry in a safe and sterile environment,” Ruo said.
Hours are 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily. Phone 208-292-4953. Check www.relicmoon.com.
Body Mechanics opens on Sherman
Massage therapy and personal training are offered by Ian Duggan as he opens Body Mechanics at 1522 E. Sherman Ave.
“I’ll focus on functional movements and calisthenics by incorporating my martial arts background,” Duggan said. “I’m really trying to target the people who need help changing their lives through a combination of mind, body and spirit.”
Duggan will be open by appointment, mainly doing massage therapy and sports rehabilitation. Phone 626-559-9871.
AVID CrossFit coaches fitness
Quality coaching in functional fitness is offered at AVID CrossFit now open at 190 W. Hayden Ave.
“By offering a class-based training atmosphere, anyone can gain knowledge through our prescribed programming,” said owner and head coach Braden Mowry. “Our goal is to maintain a focus on functional movements and inspire consistency to change the approach and understanding of fitness. We are committed to give a set of tools to help individuals achieve their personal goals and confront life’s unknown challenges.”
Classes are weekdays at 6, 7 and 8 a.m., noon and 4, 5 and 6 p.m. Phone 208-964-5502. Check www.avidcrossfit.com.
Now for the Tidbits
• Anchored Coffee will have a drive-through in the former Orlando’s building beside Skate Plaza off Highway 95.
• New places on Cecil Road in Post Falls are Dance Theatre Northwest and Bangin’ Nails & Beauty. Top This Frozen Yogurt and Trader Tots have closed nearby.
• Two new medical buildings are under construction in Riverstone. Details soon.
• Brothers Flooring is coming to Riverbend Commerce Park.
• Sonrise Urban Taqueria will open soon where Victory Tap House was at Sixth and Sherman.
• Super 1 Foods will open soon in Athol.
• Watch for news on Coeur Beauty Bar and Enchanted in Fairground Center on Government Way.
• Zips Drive-In will open in April where Burger Express had been at 715 E. Sherman. Yes, Zips had been there earlier.
• Just Baked bakery and cafe will be with Andrus Fine Art at 6491 E. Seltice Way.
• Honey Co. restaurant will open in the spring where The Cellar was downtown on Sherman.
• Radicci Restaurant will open soon where Danaan’s Deli was in Hayden.
• Ellenbecker Eye Clinic will move this summer from 2140 Riverstone Drive to nearby 2020.
• Renovation is underway at the former Kelly’s Pub building at 726 N. Fourth St. This spring it will be a breakfast-lunch eatery called Ten/6.
• Pizza & Pretzels will open in Silver Lake Mall.
• ICCU is building a new place near Winco. Several new apartment buildings will be there also.
• Hotel news: The Shilo Inn is being remodeled on Appleway and will become a Comfort Suites with 138 rooms, an indoor pool and a meeting room for 50 people. Staybridge Suites hotel is under construction in Riverstone with a $10 million building permit.
• White Pine Coffee will open on Fourth Street.
• New construction off Mullan Avenue will be a Coachman Auto Body.
• A new Asian eatery will be where the Kynrede Cafe was removed in Hayden. Watch for El Taco Loco off Canfield Avenue.
• The “Coeur” of Coeur d’Alene means “heart” in French. It comes from the Latin word “cour,” also meaning heart. From this base come courtesy, courage, court, care, core and maybe the name Cory.
• He wasn’t close enough to close the door.
• War determines who’s left, not who’s right.
• When in Seattle, a fantastic place to see and do things is at The Museum of Flight near Boeing Field. Check www.museumofflight.org.
• Contact Nils Rosdahl at email@example.com.