It's hard to miss the new McDonald's eatery at the entry into Riverstone. And it will be hard to miss its grand opening this coming weekend.
The Friday-to-Sunday event will include a visit from Ronald McDonald himself, face-painting, special prices and treats, prizes and visits from media personalities.
Coeur d'Alene's third Micky D's opened last weekend with a 24-hour drive-through (with two order drives) and indoor dining and ordering from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. (midnight on Fridays and Saturdays).
The 4,500-square-foot place employs 60 people and seats 78 at tables, booths and a counter. The seating area has two TVs for watching sporting events.
Owner Mark Ray Jr. was born and raised in Spokane, graduated from Santa Clara University and also owns McDonald's in Post Falls and on Appleway.
Phone the new place at 664-5559.
Mini-mall planned for Fourth and Kathleen
Possibilities for a two-building mini-mall planned for the southwest corner of the traffic circle at Kathleen Avenue and Fourth Street include retail shops, home furnishings, business support services, a convenience store, an eatery and even a veterinary clinic.
The two-plus acre parcel would have buildings of 9,500 and 8,000 square feet with outdoor seating. The applicant is Selkirk Development of Spokane.
Ballard Golf Cars to Hayden
New and used golf cars, ATVs and UTVs are available at Ballard Golf Cars & Power Sports. The new store celebrated its grand opening this past week at 11494 N. Warren Road (off Highway 95 between Wyoming and Lancaster Roads) in Hayden.
The store also offers Cart Mechanic, a mobile service for golf car maintenance needs.
Hours are 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays and 10 to 4 Saturdays. Phone 691-9102. Check www.ballardgolfandpower.com.
Hang on for these Tidbits
- The grand opening for Aces Community Health Services is 4-7 p.m. Tuesday at 1700 Schneidmiller Ave., Post Falls. Check www.aces-id.com.
- New businesses at the Winco Foods Crossroads at Appleway and Ramsey Road include a Jack-in-the-Box eatery and a Chase Bank in the southwest corner.
- Why do we say "a pair of pants?" Because we have two legs in the pants? We don't say we're wearing a pair of shirts though we have two arms in them. Hmmm.
- A shroud doesn't have pockets.
- Too bad the new Riverstone-entry McDonald's eating area doesn't look at the river. Remember when a downtown Cd'A McDonald's didn't stay alive?
- Try to see the Parade of Homes that ends today. The scope of houses is worthwhile.
- Contact Nils Rosdahl at firstname.lastname@example.org.