Gizmo-CdA is defined as "The Coeur d'Alene Makerspace, a creative community workspace where people of all ages can build and experiment while sharing tools and ideas."
Located at 806 N. Fourth St. in Midtown, Gizmo's key people Marty Mueller and Barbara Pleason Mueller say the place involves hands-on creative ways from 3-D printing to robotics, welding to clay, wood to metal, computers to abacuses, hardware to software. Pick up a tool, pursue an idea, have an "aha" moment.
Hours are 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday and Tuesday and 10 to 5 Wednesday through Friday. Tinker Tuesday is at 6 p.m. Phone 651-6200 or 699-8829. Check www.gizmo-cda.org.
Beer, wine at the DogHouse
Ten beer tabs and several wines, indoor and patio seating, a pool table and TVs are offered at the DogHouse. It should be open this week at 110 N. Fourth St. (next to Live the Lake Souvenirs).
Designed by Tim Wilson of Momentum Architecture and owned by Suzi O'Brien, DogHouse seats 49 inside at tables and the bar and 44 outside half a block from Sherman Avenue. Andrea Skites is manager.
With six employees, hours are 10 a.m. to 2 a.m. daily.
Hayden Cars on Prairie
An inventory of about 35 used vehicles and rigs including campers and travel trailers is offered at Hayden Cars, now open at 100 W. Prairie Ave.
The vehicles are safety inspected and repaired professionally. Owners Mike and Paula Achenbach also offer mechanic services and financing options. A former missionary in Indonesia, Mike has repaired and sold vehicles since the 1970s, and Paula is the office manager. They are joined by Mike Gill.
Hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily and closed Thursdays and Sundays. Phone 772-9466. Check www.haydencars.com.
New places in Sunset Plaza
Three new businesses have joined The Wow Store in Sunset Plaza at 6055 Government Way.
Specializing in recreational and waterfront properties, Clearwater Properties of Idaho is open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays. Phone Kelsie Wetherell at 755-1554. Check www.cabelastrophyproperties.com.
Watch for information on neighboring Cheers Club and Blue Room CdA Photography.
Senior housing at 15th and Best
Twenty single-story duplexes (40 units) of apartments for senior citizens 55 and older are under construction in the northeast corner of 15th Street and Best Avenue.
Called Monte Vista Villas, the two-bedroom, two-bath, 800-square-foot units will have carport parking and storage rooms in four pods with garden space, a green area and picnic area with a May opening.
Contact manager Monte Meltebarger of Flagship Property Management at 755-3313.
And now the Tidbits
* Watch for upcoming details on Galaxy Gaming and Animal Medical Center on Fourth Street, The Supplement Store and Paris in Bleu in Hayden Creek Plaza, Pawn Inc. on Government Way, Pretty Angel Botanicals & Gifts in Riverstone and Kyle Rutley Fitness downtown.
* Andrea Rainey, owner of Coeur d'Alene Yarn and Fiber, has closed her shop on Sherman Avenue due to illness. Her going-out-of-business sale is July 25 and 26. Contact Tawnya O'Keefe at 659-3104.
* "OK" is how it's spelled.
* When following a name, "Jr." and "Sr." have a period (.) and no comma (,) separating them from the name.
* The buck "does" funny things when the "does" are present.
* Contact Nils Rosdahl at email@example.com.