Emphasizing sport level, high performance and triathlon bikes, CycleMetrix has opened in Suite 2 at 7600 Government Way in Dalton Gardens. The 1,900- square-foot location includes a retail showroom, fitting area and service bay.
Jim Kozak started CycleMetrix in 2004 as a specialty bicycle fitting business, however, the client base encouraged him to add sales, service, accessories and fitting with certification from many major bike-fitting schools. He has done more than 1,000 bike fits. Brands include Quintana Roo, Fuji, Kestrel, Argon 18 and Blue.
Hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays, 10 to 5 Saturdays and Sunday by appointment. Phone 772-4478. Check www.cyclemetrix.com.
Polka Dot Pottery in Riverstone
Painting your own pottery is the specialty at Polka Dot Pottery at 2055 Main St. in Riverstone. The process of choosing an item, painting, glazing and firing can be by individuals or in classes, special events and parties. Items include bowls, plates, figures, mugs, piggy banks and clay impressions (such as kids' hands and feet).
Owner Kimberley Geiger also has three shops in Spokane and one in Kennewick. Coeur d'Alene manager is Sally Dashiell. Hours are 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 10 to 8 Fridays and Saturdays and 11 to 5 Sundays. Phone 676-8777. Check www.polkadotpottery.com.
Walsons buy Pet Stop
Healthy and organic dog and cat food, bird food and pet beds, leads, toys, snacks, water bowls and other supplies are available at Pet Stop at 10464 Government Way.
Rocky and Shirley Walson have bought the store in the northeast corner with Miles Avenue. Doug and Mary Vaughn had owned the 20-year-old business for 10 years. Hours are 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays and 9 to 4 Saturdays. Phone 762-4474.
'Le Reve' is crepes
Meaning "the dream," the French "Le Reve" is imprinted on a used license plate in the Coeur de Breizh truck, the commercial location used by Heather and Philippe Riviere to market their special crepes.
Their sweet and savory "pancakes" can have many fillings such as butter, sugar, cinnamon, spritzed lemon, jam, almond butter, lemon custard, Nutella (chocolate-hazelnut spread), caramel, strawberry, banana, egg, Swiss cheese, ham, tomatoes, pesto, mozzarella, spinach, goat cheese, fig sauce, walnuts, rosemary, spinach, chicken breast, cucumber and arugula blend. Whew!
The "breizh" in the company name means "Brittany," the region in France where crepes (and Philippe) originated. Watch for the truck at recurring farmers markets and street fairs and special events and for catering. Phone 907-1460. Check www.cdbcrepes.com.
Now for the Tidbits
- Watch for details on Pinkerton Retirement Specialists and Chief Architect with new buildings in Riverstone, Pretty Angel Botanicals, Lyle's Fabrics and Northwest Music Center. And a restaurant is planned for the Atlas and Kathleen intersection.
- The Riverstone Street Fair is 4-9 p.m. Thursdays with many vendors, live music and a kids' play area.
- Ages should be written as numerals unless they're the first word of a sentence (and avoid that).
- Whine of the Week: Dalton Avenue really needs right-turn lanes at its intersections with Government Way and Highway 95. Without them, emergency vehicles coming from the sheriff's buildings on Dalton can really be slowed.
- I stayed up to see the sun. Then it dawned on me.
- Contact Nils Rosdahl at email@example.com.