Balance North Idaho Political Action Committee announced its endorsements for the May 19 election.
1. City of Coeur d’Alene Public Safety Bond: The board unanimously approved enhancing public safety for the city. Eden Irgens abstained from voting.
2. East Side Highway Sub-District 1: Chris Fillios.
3. Lakes Highway Sub-District 3: Daniel Malcolm
4. Post Falls Highway Sub-District Seat 1: Terry Werner.
5. Post Falls Highway Sub-District Seat 2: Randy Oaks.
6. Post Falls Highway Sub-District Seat 3: Elaine White.
7. Worley Highway District: James Mangan.
8. Coeur d’Alene School District Zone 3: Terri Seymour.
In Ms. Seymour’s interview, it was very evident that she is committed to and believes in the CDA School District. She is passionate about public education and providing the best environment for the kids. She supports the hard work done by the teachers, is an advocate for the kids and a voice for the community. She appreciates the diversity of the school board right now and is committed to working on bullying issues.
Balance North Idaho describes itself as:
"a Political Action Committee created to endorse and promote candidates and issues in local nonpartisan elections. Endorsements will be made using facts, qualifications, and a structured interview and evaluation process in some cases. Endorsements will not be made based on political party. Candidates will be evaluated based on their goals, experience, qualifications, and community focus. Issues will be evaluated based on their benefit to the community while weighing a variety of other factors, including financial impact. In all regards, Balance North Idaho's recommendations will aim to be fiscally responsible and promote candidates and issues that will have a positive impact on the growth and development of Coeur d'Alene and Kootenai County."
For more info visit www.balanceni.com.