A large menu and several options of seating are offered at Post Falls Steakhouse that opened this week in the former Moon’s Mongolian Grill building, at the northwest corner of Seltice Way and Greensferry in Post Falls.
The menu includes steaks (of course), chicken, seafood, burgers, appetizers, and soup and salad bar and beverages. Seating options include many tables, booths, a group area, an outdoor patio and the lounge.
The restaurant opens at 4 p.m. weekdays and noon Saturdays. A brunch is offered 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sundays. With 40 years in the food business and 18 years in Post Falls, owner Felix Cabrera also has LaCabana restaurant and Club Tequila.
To reach the Post Falls Steakhouse, call 208-773-0350.
Jeremiah Johnson Brewing to open
With a soft opening expected Thursday, Jeremiah Johnson Brewing Co. is in the former Midtown Pub building at 826 N. Fourth St.
“World-class, no-nonsense craft beer” is the signature offering here, says owner Jeremiah Johnson. “Our flagship beer is our award-winning Mountain Man Scotch Ale supported by a full lineup including Vanilla Porter, Blonde Ale, Pale Ale, Citra IPA, Imperial IPA, Hazy IPA, Honey Weizen and more with a guest tap to other local breweries on rotation.”
Wines are by the glass and bottle. The focus on food is quality with sandwiches of smoked meat, fresh ingredients, house salads, homemade soups and the menu growing.
Johnson is joined by his wife, Katherine, and cousin Curran and his wife, Lindsey. Seating for 58 is at tables and the bar, with an outdoor area planned. Children are welcome. Sport TV will be emphasized.
Hours will be 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily (maybe later on weekends). Phone 208-765-3296. Check www.JJBrew.com.
Adventure SportRentals on Sherman
Several options of two-seat and four-seat UTV (utility terrain vehicles) rentals and tours are offered at Adventure SportRentals at 1902 E. Sherman (formerly at 14th and Best). The business is part of the Polaris Adventures Network.
Yogi Naresh and son Ethan are on site by reservation through www.adventuresportrentals.com or phone 509-241-0232.
Now for the Tidbits
• The new CycleBarCDA (next to Firehouse Subs on West Appleway) will open for private rides soon. Details next week.
• Edward Jones is moving an office into the Global Credit Union building at 320 E. Neider.
• The old Sears space at Silver Lake Mall is being remodeled into two new places — Planet Fitness and The Flying Squirrel (a trampoline play place).
• The Fresh Mexican Grill closed in Post Falls.
• Alpine Animal Hospital (now on Best Avenue) is building a new place on Kathleen Avenue west of Mango Tree.
• Iron Pizza Co. will be at 104 Best Ave.
• A sign on property in the northwest corner of U.S. 95 and Wyoming Avenue says “Equipment Hayden” and “Landlocked Marine.”
• BMC (Stock Building Supply) is building a new place at the northeast corner of Prairie and Huetter to move from Kathleen and U.S. 95. Construction is underway.
• Black Lodge Brewing will be at 204 N. Third St.
• Shiki Sushi will be on Sherman.
• Blades Cutlery & Sharpening is moving Sept. 1 from 3655 Government Way to 77 Commerce Drive in Hayden.
• Coeur d’Alene Paving and CDA Redi Mix are building a new place at 3110 N. Government Way.
• The Bier Haus will be in the former Camera Corral building at 515 Sherman.
• STCU will open a branch in Rathdrum later in the year.
• Wake Up Call Coffee is building a new place in the former Taco Time location at 2517 N. Fourth.
• The new Bakery by the Lake will be on Coeur d’Alene Lake Drive.
• Aesthetica Skin & Beauty Bar will be at 1113 E. Sherman.
• A Maverik gas station-convenience store is under construction at the southwest corner of Government Way and Dalton Avenue.
• AutoZone is building a new place at Highway 54 and Sylvan Lane in Athol.
• A new pub/eatery will open next to Vertical Earth on East Sherman.
• Release Float Spa will be at River City Plaza off Highway 41.
• A new place for bank cda (no caps) will be in Post Falls.
• Watch for Monarch Ramen & Noodle House in the former Syringa location on Fourth Street.
• A new building for Idaho Central Credit Union is under construction at 1327 W. Appleway.
• Bi-Mart will open a new store in the former Stein’s Family Foods building at 16102 N. Highway 41 in Rathdrum.
• A new Sherwin Williams building is under construction at 3817 N. Covington (near Dutch Bros. Coffee) in Post Falls.
• The former Burger King building at 216 Appleway has been sold to another fast-food vendor.
• The new Hardwick Hardware is under construction at 3820 E. Mullan in Post Falls.
• A motorcycle place will be at 1308 E. Best Ave.
• Olinger Marine closed on Northwest Boulevard.
• TDS Metrocom will be in The Crossroads at 2834 Ramsey Road.
• Louann Smith is closing Sheer Madness for Hair salon on Best Avenue at the end of the month. She is joining the Lavish salon at 2415 N. Government Way. Phone 208-818-6004.
• We really need a right-turn lane where Golf Course Road (leaving the Kroc Center) crosses Ramsey Road.
• Contact Nils Rosdahl at email@example.com.