By DEVIN WEEKS
Meet April Howard, a social connector with a big heart for her community. She's local, she's a mom and she knows how to throw a party.
Generation: I don’t feel that I fit into any defined generational title. Millennials have gotten such a bad rap for being the lazy generation. I have a fire in my soul to work hard and create fantastic things, but I also feel like I have a refreshing connection with seniors of today because I can bond with them more than I can my own age. Seniors have such a big heart and are so grateful for every interaction or tiny bit of conversation shared. They are not consumed by technology and they enjoy the simple things of food, board games, dancing in the afternoon and they see the value of hard work. Plus, I just love myself some Dean Martin. So to answer the question, I wouldn’t really know what generation label would be most applicable.
Career and community involvement: Being the director of marketing and sales at Garden Plaza allowed me to make some beautiful professional relationships that paved the way for North Idaho’s Got Talent. Although I miss seeing the sweet residents who are dear to my heart, my passion is events and I wanted to pursue this adventure. I love meeting with local business owners and professionals to hear the stories behind their journeys. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out on Instagram and Facebook under “North Idaho Events."
Parental status: Married to my incredible and very entertaining husband, Matthew. We are parents to our sassy baby girl of 21 months, Madelyn Grace.
1. What exactly is North Idaho Events? An event production company. I produce events that bring joy, entertainment, education and/or information to Panhandle locals. On the business front, you can invest in a sponsorship or vendor space to expand your prospect reach. With different themed trade shows and experiences, your company can participate in the event that attracts your key demographic. Sometimes getting out of the brick and mortar and dabbling in a new environment is just the fuel your business needs to get to the next level.
2. When and where do your events occur? The events take place in the beautiful Coeur d’Alene and Northwestern regions throughout the entire calendar year. Often, the holidays and seasons set the foundation for the upcoming events. Check our Facebook page for insider updates on the approaching events.
3. What kind of new events do you think our community would enjoy? I’m glad you asked this because I produce events to add value to people’s lives. I encourage people to email me their event wishes for North Idaho. Are there events you wish would take place here? What do you want to see? I’ve heard there is yearning for a new style of networking group. I’m still in the brainstorming phase of this and am open to the business professionals wish list and/or ideas to help get this rolling out. I also like to put on different niche events, such as antique appraisals, job fairs with educational workshops, traveling Christmas bazaars, etc. I'm going to put on a lot of speed dating events since love and having a teammate to go through life with are such wonderful gifts. My husband is my partner through the good and the nutty times and having that stable rock is such a blessing. Having the opportunity to play Cupid by organizing these soirées is really rewarding. Shoot me an email to share your event wishes: email@example.com
4. What's something people would be surprised to learn about you? I love Halloween! I used to plan enormous halloween parties in my tiny two-bedroom apartment in Boise. I'd start decorating Sept. 1 for the big day! Each year 100-plus attended! The event was known for the terrifying atmosphere, motion-sensored monsters and interactive decor. Plus, I always hired this lovely lady to be the designated driver to safely take my guests to and from the dance clubs.
5. What joy do you get from helping promote and produce successful events? I love helping local business owners grow their business. Through ideal event placement, businesses can be thrusted to new levels being placed in front of their ideal target market. Through my trade shows, craft fairs and resource events, I like to produce a platform for business owners looking to grow, shine and reach new heights.