Larry and Gena Major
Larry and Gena Major were married in Miles City, Mont., on July 5, 1969.
They have one daughter, Ashley (Major) Muehlhausen. Ashley is married to Paul Muehlhausen and they have five children, Isabella, Sophia, Giavanna, Gabriella and Asher.
Larry and Gena are going to celebrate their 50th anniversary on an Alaska cruise. Larry retired in 2013 as a bakery manager for 49 years. Gena retired in 2017 after working for North Idaho Eye Institute for 35 years. They have enjoyed the past 40 years living in North Idaho. They now enjoy the time with their grandchildren and the special memories that they are making.
Dick Rouse, of Coeur d’Alene, will celebrate his 90th birthday. He was born on May 28, 1929, in Ruthton, Minn.
He arrived in Coeur d’Alene in 1948 on the back of a Harley Davidson motorcycle when he was 19 years old. He was drafted to the 7th Army in 1951 and went to Germany with the occupation forces, returning to the states on New Year’s Eve 1953.
Soon after he met and married his wife, sharing 65 years together. He went on to work for Kaiser in Trentwood for 30 years until retirement.
The U.S. Coast Guard Academy announced that John “Jack” Bukowski, of Coeur d’Alene, has been recognized for superior academic achievement and leadership potential. Jack, who attends Lake City High School, has accepted an appointment to attend the Coast Guard Academy and will be sworn-in as a member of the class of 2023 on July 1.
Jack is the son of John and Terri Bukowski, and grandson of John and Valerie Bukowski of Frackville, Pa.
• • •
Submit your milestones to email@example.com or in person at the Coeur d’Alene Press, 215 Second St., Coeur d’Alene, ID 83814.
• Wedding anniversaries for couples married 25 years and every fifth year thereafter (2 photos accepted)
• Engagement announcements (1 photo accepted)
• Wedding announcements (1 photo accepted)
• Births (1 photo accepted)
• Milestone birthdays at age 70 and every fifth year thereafter or every year after age 90 (1 photo accepted)
• Generations (1 photo accepted)
• Academic honors and higher education accomplishments (1 photo accepted)
• Military announcements (1 photo accepted)
Deadline is 3 p.m. Tuesdays.