Donald E. Milliken
Celebrating the 100th birthday of Donald Edison Milliken, born in Spokane on Jan. 1, 1920. He lived most of his life in the Spokane/Post Falls area. He graduated from Riverside High School in Spokane in 1937 and briefly attended Washington State University.
He was drafted into the Army and was stationed in New York among other places. He graduated in 1953 from Kinman Business University in Spokane. He stared work with Burlington Northern Railroad as a Weigh Master and retired from there after 32 years.
He was married to Rozella Milliken for 38 years until her passing in 1999. They had a home and dairy farm in Post Falls that my Grandpa built and ran. They sold raw milk to the local folks and had tons of customers! He would work his shift at the railroad from 3-11:30 p.m. and then come home and milk cows at midnight and then again at noon!
Although in recent years he had to move to the West side to be closer to family, his heart belongs to the Post Falls area and the east side of the state.
• • •
Submit your milestones to email@example.com or in person at the Coeur d’Alene Press, 215 Second St., Coeur d’Alene, ID 83814.
• Wedding anniversaries for couples married 25 years and every fifth year thereafter (2 photos accepted)
• Engagement announcements (1 photo accepted)
• Wedding announcements (1 photo accepted)
• Births (1 photo accepted)
• Milestone birthdays at age 70 and every fifth year thereafter or every year after age 90 (1 photo accepted)
• Generations (1 photo accepted)
• Academic honors and higher education accomplishments (1 photo accepted)
• Military announcements (1 photo accepted)
Deadline is 3 p.m. Tuesdays.