Gourmet scratch-made tacos with flavor profiles from around the world and 90 beers on tap are featured at Sonrisa Taqueria that opens Wednesday at 519 E. Sherman.
The place has contemporary industrial decor with two walls with music video displays from the 1980s and ’90s and a sound system to keep the fist pumps flying. There is indoor seating for 60 and seating for 16 outside.
“We pride ourselves on a fun atmosphere and our ability to make you smile,” said Tricia Whitney, general manager.
Hours are 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily. Phone 208-930-0743. Check Sonrisa Taqueria on Facebook.
Brothers Flooring opens at Riverbend
Selling and installing any flooring type, Brothers Flooring will open Saturday at 4057 Riverbend, south of I-90 west of Post Falls.
Owners Andy and Tyler Yank say the store has thousands of selections from hardwood, laminate, luxury and sheet vinyl, carpet and tile and being a one-stop shop for purchasing, delivery and installing. Cory Martindale is manager.
Hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays and 10 to 3 p.m. Saturdays. Phone 208-981-0068. Check www.brothersflooringspokane.com.
Siren Coffee joins Siren Body & Jewelry
Many espresso drinks and snacks are offered at Siren Coffee that opened last week in Suite 8 of Dalton Corner Plaza, in the northeast corner at Government Way and Dalton Avenue. It has walk-up, sit-in and drive-through options.
The shop joins Eric and Valerie Sunder’s Siren Body and Jewelry place that opened in January next door. They offer a tattoo and body-piercing studio and many jewelry options.
Hours are 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Phone 208-704-2077. Check www.sirenbodyjewelry.com.
2nd Act opens in Dalton Plaza
Customers can buy, sell and trade clean quality clothing in 2nd Act clothing store that just opened in Suite 3 of Dalton Corner Plaza.
Hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday. The women’s and men’s clothing items are primarily quality name-brand.
And now the Tidbits
• New places coming in Riversbend Commerce Park (west side of Post Falls) include North Idaho Gun & Pawn, Cloud Vapor, Shooters Supply, Two Knights Home Brew and Knowhere Comics & Coffee.
• Medicine Man Pharmacy will be part of the new Super 1 Foods store in Athol in May.
• Incrediburger & Eggs will build a new place next to Firehouse Subs on Appleway. And Thomas Hammer Coffee will join the Firehouse Subs building. Idaho Central Credit Union will be across the street.
• New places downtown will be Live For Blu fine art at 505 E. Sherman and The NYC Piano Bar at 313 E. Sherman. Camera Corral will move in June from downtown to Harborview Plaza on Northwest Boulevard.
• Zips Drive-In will open in early May where Burger Express had been at 715 E. Sherman. Yes, Zips had been there earlier.
• Honey Co. restaurant will open in the spring where The Cellar was downtown on Sherman.
• Ellenbecker Eye Clinic will move this summer from 2140 Riverstone Drive to nearby 2020.
• Renovation is underway at the former Kelly’s Pub building at 726 N. Fourth St. It will be a breakfast-lunch eatery called Ten/6. Pizza & Pretzels will open in Silver Lake Mall.
• Hotel news: The Shilo Inn is being remodeled on Appleway and will become a Comfort Suites with 138 rooms, an indoor pool and a meeting room for 50 people. Staybridge Suites hotel is under construction in Riverstone with a $10 million building permit.
• Opening day for the ABC Farmers Market in Athol City Park is Friday, May 11. It will be 2-6 p.m. Friday afternoons through October. Potential vendors contact Julie McKerracher at 208-818-0208. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Dazzle has closed at 8134 N. Government Way.
• Mark your calendars for 9 a.m. to noon next Sunday for the annual Tubbs Hill volunteer cleanup. Trash bags and coffee are provided at the Third Street entrance by Harbor House at McEuen Park.
• Directions to toilets: Men to the left because women are always right.
• Contact Nils Rosdahl at email@example.com.