TO APPLY OR DONATE, CLICK HERE: Press Christmas for All
This is the 33rd year Press Christmas for All has worked to brighten the lives of Kootenai County residents in need during the holiday season.
The application period to seek assistance from the holiday program begins Tuesday, Nov. 13.
The deadline to submit all applications is Friday, Nov. 30 at 5 p.m.
Each year, Press readers donate generously to the program. The money collected is distributed in the form of gift cards to those who might not otherwise be able to put a holiday meal on the table or purchase a small gift for a child.
The gift recipients are our neighbors who are struggling, many who are working, but living near or below the poverty level. Many Christmas for All gift recipients are barely making ends meet, but they do not qualify for other holiday charity programs.
The gift cards are distributed to those who ask for help — including elderly, disabled and mentally ill residents trying to survive in Kootenai County on just a few hundred dollars each month. Some are responsible for children, others are alone throughout the holiday season. Despair is a common factor. But through Christmas for All, they feel the compassion of a caring community during what can be a very difficult time of year for them.
Kootenai County residents who are in need and wish to receive help this holiday season from Press Christmas for All can pick up and drop off completed applications at two locations:
• Post Falls City Hall, 408 N. Spokane St., 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
• Coeur d'Alene Public Library, 702 E. Front Ave., 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday through Thursday; 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday.
• You must be a Kootenai County resident to receive assistance.
• Applications are not being distributed or accepted at the Coeur d'Alene Press office.
• To apply online, visit Press Christmas for All, and at the bottom of the page, select “Apply” under “Donate or Apply.”
• Applications will not be accepted in person or online after 5 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 30. NO LATE APPLICATIONS ARE ACCEPTED.
• Applications are limited to one per family per household.
• Parents, grandparents and other adult guardians must be financially responsible for and live with any children included on their applications. In shared custody situations, a child may only be included on one parent or guardian's application.
• This year's gift card distribution will take place Dec. 13 and 14 from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. at the Kootenai County Fire and Rescue Training Campus, 5271 E. Seltice Way, Post Falls.
• Applicants must be present and bring photo identification.
• Gift card envelopes will not be distributed after Dec. 13 and 14.
Press Christmas for All is managed by The Hagadone Corp., with assistance from Kootenai County Fire and Rescue. It is a legally recognized 501(c)(3) nonprofit, run entirely by volunteers.
Every penny raised is distributed to needy Kootenai County residents. All overhead costs are covered by The Hagadone Corp. and the volunteers at Kootenai County Fire and Rescue.
Donations can be made by dropping off or mailing a check to: Press Christmas for All, 215 N. Second St., Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814.
To donate online, visit Press Christmas for All, and at the bottom of the page, select “Donate” under “Donate or Apply.”
To make a donation by phone using your credit card, call 208-664-8176.