Roger’s Ice Cream & Burgers, already with two places in Coeur d’Alene and one in Post Falls, is building a fourth, this one at 8833 N. Hess St. in Hayden.
With inside seating and a drive-through, the building is very similar to the new Post Falls place on Spokane Street south of I-90. Opening should be in February with open days and hours based on the season.
Roger’s started in Moscow in 1940 and moved to where Vault Coffee is at Fourth and Sherman in Coeur d’Alene and then to 13th and Sherman (formerly Dari-Delite) in the early and late 1980s. Owners Mark and Nicole Randolph opened the Neider Avenue place in 2012 and Post Falls in 2017.
The burgers now are made with country natural beef that is vegetarian-fed and naturally raised with no growth hormones or antibiotics. Check www.rogersicecreamburgers.com.
Franz Bakery to move north to Dalton and 95
After 35 years at 1220 Government Way, the Franz Bakery outlet store will move to 500 W. Dalton Ave. on Jan. 2.
The store itself offers many bread products, cookies and pies to everyday customers and distributes to outlets. The new place will be much larger, especially for the trucking space. Hours are 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
With its Spirit of Giving program, Franz Bakery will honor 50 individuals or families with $500 this holiday season and will donate $2,500 to 20 nonprofits. Nominations must be submitted by Monday at www.franzspiritofgiving.com. If your nominee is selected, you will receive a one-year supply of Franz bread. The Franz outlets also are collecting donations for Ronald McDonald House Charities.
Anytime Fitness plans new Sherman location
Offering a convenient and welcoming environment for personal fitness, Anytime Fitness plans a Jan. 5 opening at 1116 E. Sherman Ave.
Amenities include cardio equipment with touch-screen controls, a functional fitness area with small-group and one-on-one training, full free-weight and strength training areas, a hydro-massage bed, individual restrooms and showers, and a multi-purpose studio classroom.
Currently taking resumes for certified personal trainers, Greg Martin is owner, Johanne Martin is general manager and Kenneth Martin is manager. Hours will be 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 208-292-4911.
Now for the Tidbits
• The grand opening for the new laser center of Owsley Plastic Surgery will be 4-8 p.m. Friday in Suite 301 at 1859 Lakewood Drive. Phone 208-664-0165. Check www.owsleyplasticsurgery.com.
• Lush Intimate Apparel will move in January from 206 E. Indiana Ave. to Suite 1 at 1111 E. Sherman. Details later.
• Samuel’s Jewelers will close Feb. 23 in Silver Lake Mall. Payless Shoes is closing its stores in Ironwood Square and Silver Lake Mall.
• InThreadz will move one space to the former Quizno’s place in Ironwood Square. Watch for Hu Hut Mongolian Grill in former Payless and Inthreadz locations (between Government Way and Lincoln Way off Ironwood Drive).
• A “Coming Soon” sign for Precision Fitness is with the building in the northwest corner of Sherman and 15th.
• Bakery by The Lake at Parkside will have a second location in April.
• A&B Market will open as a convenience store at 402 Sherman in December.
• Emergency Veterinary Hospital will be at 1336 W. Kathleen (across from Ramsey School) in January.
• JTM Industries will move from Schreiber Way to 4905 Government Way.
• J.A. Bertsch Heating & Cooling will move from Hayden to 3645 Government Way. And Paragon Brewing will open its new building at 5785 Government Way at the end of the year.
• Syringa Sushi will move to the former Bistro on Spruce location on Fourth Street. And a noodle place may come into the old Syringa location.
• Beyoutiful Hot Yoga will be in Ironwood Square in December.
• Watch for a Jitterz coffee stand at Prairie and Heartland.
• Hibachi Sushi is coming to 221 E. Sherman. We hear a German restaurant will be where Camera Corral left (for Northwest Boulevard) on Sherman.
• A new Fu-Ki Japanese Steakhouse is under construction where the Kynrede Cafe was at 8885 N. Government Way in Hayden.
• A new place downtown soon will be Live For Blu fine art at 505 E. Sherman.
• Staybridge Suites hotel is under construction in Riverstone.
• A new building for Idaho Central Credit Union is under construction at 1327 W. Appleway. And a new one for Keller Williams Realty will open in March at 3931 Schreiber Way.
• Remember the “...ward” words (such as “toward” or “backward”) don’t end with an “s.”
• Contact Nils Rosdahl at email@example.com.