Japanese soul food, fascinating wall murals and good people are in the new Rokko’s Teriyaki & BBQ restaurant at 2360 N. Old Mill Loop (next to Starbucks) in Riverstone.
The menu offers teriyaki, salads, barbecue, noodle bowls, house specials, fried rice dishes, sides, little ninja meals, add-ons, non-alcohol drinks, craft beers and wine with dine-in, call ahead and take-out.
Seating includes tables and cushioned benches for 46 and 11 at the bar. Features include huge wall murals by Scott Lakey of a green dragon in front of the lake, a lucky cat and the NIC logo. It has three TVs. Many recipes are from the families of owners Inez and David Hall. They also have a Rokko’s in Cheney.
Hours are 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Phone 208-930-0092. Check www.rokkosteriyaki.net.
J.A. Bertsch Heating & Cooling moves
After a major renovation, J.A. Bertsch Heating & Cooling has moved from Hayden to 3645 N. Government Way (where Shooters Supply was before its move to Post Falls).
With 30 years experience of installation, maintenance and repair, services include air-conditioning, furnaces, heat pumps, water heaters, gas fireplaces, thermostats, duct cleaning and indoor air quality. They offer same-day and 24-hour emergency services.
“This gives us more office, shop and yard space so we can grow in years to come,” said Joel Bertsch, owner with his wife, Kim.
With 17 employees, the home-service company is open 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays. Phone 208-635-5480 or 1-800-FURNACE. Check www.jabertsch.com.
Coachman Auto Body opens in Post Falls
Offering auto body collision repair and paint, Coachman Auto Body has opened a new facility at 3572 E. Mullan Ave. in Post Falls.
Handling all makes and models for cars and trucks and specializing in the new aluminum vehicles, they work with customers with insurance claims or are paying out of pocket. The Coeur d’Alene location at 6165 N. Sunshine St. has been in business 34 years. Owner David Tuttle has John Seib, manager in Coeur d’Alene, and Marnie Wilson in Post Falls.
Hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays. Phone 208-699-3570 (Post Falls) and 208-772-9553 (CdA). Check firstname.lastname@example.org.
Big Smoke opens in Zip’s building
All types of cigarettes, cigars, vaping equipment and e-liquids are offered at Big Smoke that opened in the Zip’s location at 3675 N. Government Way (soon to be 206 W. Sunset Drive) near the Sunset Bowling Lanes.
The place also offers a walk-in humidor, smoking gadgets and beer. Manager is Jonathan Jordan, and district manager is Joel Verduzco. Established in 1997, Big Smoke has 62 stores in four states with its headquarters in Boise.
Hours are 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily. Phone 208-666-5875. Check www.tbcollc.com or www.bigsmokestores.com.
Now for the Tidbits
• Rumors are that a Hobby Lobby will be in the former K-Mart building and Home Goods is coming to the former Sears space. Anyone know?
• The opening of Big Red’s Barn on Government Way is delayed. Check www.bigredsbarn.com.
• A “Crown & Thistle Coming Soon” sign is at 107 N. Fourth.
• An insurance company will be at 1003 E. Best Ave.
• An Orthopedic Specialties Institute will be at 1233 N. Northwood Center Court.
• First Steps Chiropractic will be at 8836 N. Hess St. in Hayden in January.
• White Pine Wealth has opened at 8222 N. Government Way. Details soon.
• Roger’s Ice Cream & Burgers, already with two places in Coeur d’Alene and one in Post Falls, is building a fourth, this one at 8833 N. Hess St. in Hayden.
• Franz Bakery will move from 1220 Government Way to 500 W. Dalton Jan. 2.
• Lush Intimate Apparel will move in January from 206 E. Indiana Ave. to Suite 1 at 1111 E. Sherman. Details later.
• Samuel’s Jewelers will close Feb. 23 in Silver Lake Mall. Payless Shoes is closing its stores in Ironwood Square and Silver Lake Mall.
• InThreadz will move one space to the former Quizno’s place in Ironwood Square. Watch for Hu Hut Mongolian Grill in former Payless and Inthreadz locations (between Government Way and Lincoln Way off Ironwood Drive).
• The Locker Room on Government Way will move to the former Long Ear building on Fourth Street.
• Bakery by The Lake at Parkside will have a second location in April.
• A&B Market will open as a convenience store at 402 Sherman in late December.
• Emergency Veterinary Hospital will be at 1336 W. Kathleen (across from Ramsey School) in January.
• JTM Industries will move from Schreiber Way to 4905 Government Way.
• Paragon Brewing will open its new building at 5785 Government Way at the end of the year.
• The former Armour Antiques at 1116.E. Sherman will become Anytime Fitness. Precision Fitness will be at 15th and Sherman.
• Beyoutiful Hot Yoga will be in Ironwood Square in late December.
• Watch for a Jitterz coffee stand at Prairie and Heartland.
• Hibachi Sushi is coming to 221 E. Sherman. We hear a German restaurant will be where Camera Corral left (for Northwest Boulevard) on Sherman.
• A new Fu-Ki Japanese Steakhouse is under construction where the Kynrede Cafe was at 8885 N. Government Way in Hayden.
• A Coeur d’Alene Cider Tasting Room will be on East Sherman.
• Staybridge Suites hotel is under construction in Riverstone.
• A new building for Idaho Central Credit Union is under construction at 1327 W. Appleway. And a new one for Keller Williams Realty will open in March at 3931 Schreiber Way.
• Cinnamon Lane has a “coming soon” sign at Fourth and Harrison.
• To get to my brother’s place you go by a “Dead End” sign. To get to mine, the sign is “No Outlet.” Hmmm.
• The sandwich word “subway:” Does it originate from New York subways or from the submarine-shaped vessel?
• Merry Christmas!
• Contact Nils Rosdahl at email@example.com