Hiro’s BBQ has opened where Philly Express was at 1500 Northwest Blvd.
The menu includes smokin’ ribs and sandwiches with several sides, meat by the pound, kids’ meals and drinks. The place offers catering, events and corporate parties.
Hours are 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Owners are Andy Buffington and John Landon. Phone 208-930-1151. Check www.hirosbbq.com.
Bulwark Barber moves downtown
Offering men’s haircuts and styles, Bulwark Barber has moved from 204 Third St. to the Rockford Building at 504 E. Lakeside.
Amenities with the new station setups include central vac, air nozzles, sinks, hot towel cabinets and a large selection of apothecary and men’s grooming products.
Tanden Launder is owner, and Paul Nemec leads six licensed barbers with hours of 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday. To book appointments phone 208-661-3009. Check www.bulwarkbarber.com. Walk-ins are OK.
T-Blue Boutique adds third store
Offering several lines and services for women’s fashions, T-Blue Boutique (formerly Tiffany Blue) has added a third store. The new location is in Hayden Creek Plaza at 8134 N. Government Way. Other locations are 404 E. Sherman (downtown) and 2027 Main in Riverstone.
Owners Kareen Link and Rachel Burkhardt offer a diverse team of stylists and fashionable ladies 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday. Phone 208-635-5427. Check email@example.com.
Imagine Simplicity offers makeup and esthetics
Shel Dockser is a licensed esthetician and freelance makeup artist with Imagine Simplicity, located inside Anastasia’s Health and Wellness Spa in Suite D at 7352 Government Way.
She provides facials, eyebrow and eyelash services and makeup artistry. Hours by appointment are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays and after hours and weekends for special occasions and events.
Phone 919-275-2919. Check www.imaginesimplicity.skincaretherapy.net.
Shopko closes June 16 ... who will move in?
The CdA Shopko will close June 16 on the northeast corner of Ironwood and Highway 95.
The store is having a major sale and also offering its fixtures, furniture and equipment. It’s been there since 1986 and is open 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Sunday. It has about 50 employees. Phone 208-664-8496. Check www.shopko.com.
Rumors are that Hobby Lobby and Trader Joe’s are looking at the 100,000-square-foot building.
Now for the Tidbits
• Locker Room Men’s Salon will move from 2942 Government Way to 2405 N. Fourth.
• White Brick Interiors will be in Riverstone.
• Wake Up Call Coffee will be in the former Taco Time building at 2517 N. Fourth.
• The new Bakery by the Lake will be on Coeur d’Alene Lake Drive.
• Aesthetica Skin & Beauty Bar will be at 1111 E. Sherman.
• Alpine Animal Hospital is building a new clinic at Kathleen and Player Drive.
• Watch for several new places in the Rockford Building at 504 E. Lakeside.
• A Maverik gas station-convenience store is under construction at State Line. And a new Maverik will be built on the southwest corner of Government Way and Dalton Avenue.
• Credit unions under construction in Rathdrum are P1FCU and STCU. And Mountain America Credit Union will be in the former Inland Northwest Bank building in Post Falls.
• HuHot Mongolian Grill will occupy the former Payless Shoes space and more in Ironwood Square.
• AutoZone is building a new place at Highway 54 and Sylvan Lane in Athol.
• An At Home store will be in the former Kmart building at Neider and Highway 95. Other retail and/or restaurant space will be in the former garden area to the west.
• High Caliber Auto Sales & Service will be at 1701 N. Fourth.
• A Crown & Thistle “Coming Soon” sign is at 107 N. Fourth.
• New places coming are Pokeworks and Union Coffee.
• Release Float Spa will be at River City Plaza off Highway 41.
• Consign Furniture will build a new structure in Riverstone.
• Roger’s Ice Cream & Burgers, already with two places in Coeur d’Alene and one in Post Falls, is building a fourth, this one at 8833 N. Hess St. in Hayden.
• Franz Bakery will move from 1220 Government Way to 500 W. Dalton.
• Lush Intimate Apparel will move from 206 E. Indiana Ave. to Suite 1 at 1111 E. Sherman. Details later.
• Paragon Brewing will open its new building at 5785 Government Way soon.
• Coeur d’Alene Vision Source is building a new place at 3879 N. Schreiber Way.
• Velvet Hammer Boutique will be a new retail clothing store in Riverstone.
• Staybridge Suites hotel is under construction in Riverstone. A Marriott Fairfield Inn is planned for nearby on Ironwood.
• A new building for Idaho Central Credit Union is under construction at 1327 W. Appleway.
• North Idaho Eye Institute has a building under construction across from the Hayden library.
• Bi-Mart will open a new store in the former Stein’s Family Foods building at 16102 N. Highway 41 in Rathdrum.
• We had a great trip to England and France. I learned at least three new words. “Lorry” is a truck. “Verge” is a road shoulder. “Trump” is a smelly flatulence (stinky fart). Really. Pickup trucks hardly exist because they’re too wide for the narrow roads.
• Contact Nils Rosdahl at firstname.lastname@example.org.