HuHot Mongolian Grill, a create-your-own, all-you-can-eat Asian stir-fry restaurant, will open soon at 226 W. Ironwood. The 4,800-square-foot renovated space in Ironwood Square comprises suites formerly occupied by Payless Shoes, Tansanity and inThreatz (the first closing and the second two relocating to different suites).
Guests custom-make their own meal by choosing from dozens of meats, seafood, noodles, fresh veggies and signature sauces. After filling their bowl, it’s handed to the grill chef, who stir-fries the meal on a huge Mongolian grill. The menu includes appetizers, desserts, beer, wine and soft beverages.
“We offer vegetarian to carnivore, and mild to super hot,” said Andrew Talarico, general manager. Owners are the husband-wife team of Michael Ellinghouse and Mary Halloran, who have been with the business since it started in Missoula in 1999. The company now has 67 locations in 18 states.
Open from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily, HuHot seats 160 customers at tables and booths and offers take-out and gatherings. The decor is hand-painted murals from Mongolian folklore.
Prior to opening to the public, HuHot will hold two days of invitation-only charity events with proceeds going to the Anna Schindler Foundation to help support families fighting childhood cancer in the Inland Northwest.
Phone 208-966-4411. Check www.huhot.com.
Youth With a Mission opens on Fourth Street
Offering Christian foreign missions training and a six-month discipleship training school starting in the fall, YWAM (Youth With A Mission) opened this month in Suite A at 1913 N. Fourth St.
With directors Brandon and Angela Oliver, hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays with a theme of “We exist to know God and make Him known.”
Phone 208-582-4312. Check www.ywamnorthidaho.org.
Golden City Vape opens in Dalton Gardens
Offering vape mods, vape juice and accessories, Golden City (Gc) Vape Shop has opened in Suite 3 of Dalton Corner Plaza at 5624 Government Way.
Operators Alvin, George, Anthony and Caleb offer customer loyalty with the 10th juice free, 10 percent off for a first-time customer and a referral program. Hours are 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily.
Phone 208-635-5774. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Now for the Tidbits
• North Idaho Eye Institute will open its new location at 8378 Government Way on July 1.
• BMC (Stock Building Supply) is building its new location at the intersection of Prairie and Huetter. The rumor is that a car dealership will occupy BMC’s current property at U.S. 95 and Kathleen.
• A Belle’s Brunch House restaurant and a Chops butcher shop will open in Lancaster Center at U.S. 95 and Lancaster Avenue.
• Surf Shack is coming to the former Dairy Queen building on Appleway.
• Black Lodge Brewing will open in July at 204 N. Third St.
• Shiki Sushi will be on Sherman.
• Coeur d’Alene Paving and CDA Redi Mix are building a new place at 3110 N. Government Way.
• A Hardwick & Sons hardware store is coming to Post Falls.
• The Bier Haus will be in the former Camera Corral building at 515 Sherman.
• 7/20 Haberdashery (tailor shop) will be at 202 N. Fourth.
• A new Jitterz Espresso stand will be at 7795 N. Heartland Ave.
• Shopko’s last day is June 23. The optical department will move to a new location. No news on what will occupy the Shopko building.
• STCU will open a Bonner County branch in Ponderay Tuesday and one in Rathdrum later in the year.
• Wake Up Call Coffee will be in the former Taco Time building at 2517 N. Fourth.
• The new Bakery by the Lake will be on Coeur d’Alene Lake Drive.
• Aesthetica Skin & Beauty Bar will be at 1111 E. Sherman.
• A Maverik gas station-convenience store is under construction at State Line. And a new Maverik will be built on the southwest corner of Government Way and Dalton Avenue.
• AutoZone is building a new place at Highway 54 and Sylvan Lane in Athol.
• A new pub-eatery will open next to Vertical Earth on East Sherman.
• Release Float Spa will be at River City Plaza off Highway 4
• New places are coming to The Northern at Coeur d’Alene Place on Ramsey Road.
• Consign Furniture will build a new structure in Riverstone.
• Franz Bakery will move from 1220 Government Way to 500 W. Dalton.
• Coeur d’Alene Vision Source is building a new place at 3879 N. Schreiber Way.
• Bear Paw Cookies will have a new store in Riverstone.
• Staybridge Suites hotel is under construction in Riverstone. A Marriott Fairfield Inn is planned for nearby on Ironwood.
• A new building for Idaho Central Credit Union is under construction at 1327 W. Appleway.
• Bi-Mart will open a new store in the former Stein’s Family Foods building at 16102 N. Highway 41 in Rathdrum.
• No piece of paper can be folded in half more than seven times.
• Contact Nils Rosdahl at email@example.com.