With five stories of 96 rooms and many other assets, the new Staybridge Suites hotel should open in late August.
Located at 1347 W. Riverstone Drive (between Northwest Boulevard and McDonald’s) and valued at $9 million, the 82,400-square-foot hotel will include an indoor pool, a fitness room, guest laundry facilities, a business center, a hot breakfast buffet (with a dining area and seasonal outside seating), 72 onsite parking spaces and 24 offsite spaces west of the hotel on the northeast corner of Riverstone Drive and Old Mill Loop. Some rooms look at the Spokane River.
Tharaldson Hospitality operates 37 hotels across the country under 10 brand names, with this being the company’s first place in Idaho. Staybridge is a subsidiary of InterContinental Hotel Group, also the parent company of Holiday Inn. Staybridge targets extended-stay and corporate travelers and mixes studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom suites with kitchens with major appliances, work spaces and storage areas.
InterContinental Hotel Group has about 250 Staybridge hotels operating and about 140 in the planning and development stages. The closest in the Northwest are in Missoula, Mont., and Everett and Vancouver, Wash.
Surf Shack Burgers opening on Appleway
A fast, casual environment with award-winning burgers and sides, Surf Shack Burgers will open soon at 305 E. Appleway (the former Dairy Queen building).
Also with a food truck at the mini golf course in Post Falls, owner Jake Latuseck offers 12 all-American burgers, combos, grilled onions, lettuce wraps, fries, sweet potato fries, onion rings, five Philly steak sandwiches, pastrami sandwiches, sauces and drinks.
“It’s really that love factor,” Latuseck said. “Just the attention to detail — making sure everything is prepped the same day, the homemade sauce — that’s a big deal as well.”
Beginning hours will be 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. for lunch followed by 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily after the grand-opening party. The place seats 60 dine-in, and includes an order counter, TVs, grub hub, a drive-through and catering. Manager is Ashley Grimmett.
Check www.thesurfshack.com. Phone 208-446-3229.
CdA Vision Source building new place
Growing to increase efficiency and its optical showroom, Coeur d’Alene Vision Source is constructing a new building at 3879 N. Schreiber Way.
Eye doctors at the current location (since 1991) in Suite 104 at 850 Ironwood Drive are Raymond Green, Lindsay Hamlin and Cheryl Dumont, a certified low-vision specialist who cares for functionally impaired or blind patients and neurorehabilitative services. Hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, Tuesday and Friday, 7;30 a.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesday, and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday.
The enlarged optical showroom will add product lines. The practice offers glasses and contact lenses, specialty lenses, management of ocular disease, foreign body removal and diabetic eyecare. Phone 208-765-2020. Check www.cdavisionsource.com.
Now for the Tidbits
• Alpine Animal Hospital (now on Best Avenue) is building a new place on Kathleen Avenue west of Mango Tree.
• Iron Pizza Co. will be at 104 Best Ave.
• A sign on property in the northwest corner of U.S. 95 and Wyoming Avenue says “Equipment Hayden” and “Landlocked Marine.”
• Construction has started on a new place just north of the new North Idaho Eye place on Government Way in Hayden.
• A fourth Beau Monde clothing store will be at 810 N. Fourth St.
• BMC (Stock Building Supply) is building a new place in the northeast corner of Prairie and Huetter to move from Kathleen and U.S. 95.
• Black Lodge Brewing will open in July at 204 N. Third St.
• Shiki Sushi will be on Sherman.
• Coeur d’Alene Paving and CDA Redi Mix are building a new place at 3110 N. Government Way.
• The Bier Haus will be in the former Camera Corral building at 515 Sherman.
• STCU will open a branch in Rathdrum later in the year.
• Wake Up Call Coffee will be in the former Taco Time building at 2517 N. Fourth.
• The new Bakery by the Lake will be on Coeur d’Alene Lake Drive.
• Aesthetica Skin & Beauty Bar will be at 1113 E. Sherman.
• A Maverik gas station-convenience store is under construction at the southwest corner of Government Way and Dalton Avenue.
• AutoZone is building a new place at Highway 54 and Sylvan Lane in Athol.
• A new pub-eatery will open next to Vertical Earth on East Sherman.
• Release Float Spa will be at River City Plaza off Highway 41.
• New places are coming to The Northern at Coeur d’Alene Place on Ramsey Road.
• A new place for bank cda (no caps) will be in Post Falls.
• Watch for a new eatery in the former Syringa location..
• A new building for Idaho Central Credit Union is under construction at 1327 W. Appleway.
• Bi-Mart will open a new store in the former Stein’s Family Foods building at 16102 N. Highway 41 in Rathdrum..
• Sawmill Grill will open on Spokane Street in Post Falls.
• A pre-fabricated building for TDS Fiber Optic is at 215 W. Sunup Ave. Details soon..
• “Same exact” is redundant.
• Turtles can breathe though their butts. Check Google.
• Contact Nils Rosdahl at email@example.com.