of the day!
As the snow piled up so did the crashes. Units responded to multiple slide offs, crashes, both PD, and H & R.
• Deputies executed a search warrant at an address in Post Falls. Meth and a gun were located. Charges are pending for meth with intent to deliver and felon in possession of a firearm. Investigation is ongoing.
• Deputies responded to S. Hazelwood for Warrant Service. On scene they arrested a male for his U.S. Extraditable Warrant without incident. 20-01331
• Deputies stopped and arrested a female for Mara/Para and destruction/concealment of evidence after she dumped the joint she was smoking while driving into a plastic soda cup. She also had a jar of marijuana hidden in a tissue paper box. 20-08319
• While assisting ISP on traffic control on Highway 95, Deputies responded to a vehicle vs. deer crash on 95 at MP 420 that a Fish and Game Officer came across and reported. ISP requested KCSO handle the incident. The Deputy determined the driver was intoxicated. He was cited for DUI (.106/.110) and released to a sober driver. 20-01393
• Deputies responded to the Casino for a domestic dispute. While attending a work party at the Casino, a male and female got into an argument because one wanted to leave and the other did not. That argument continued to the parking lot, and during the dispute the male grabbed the female by her hair and pulled her back. He was cited for domestic battery. 20-01394
• A Deputy observed a Polaris Razor two-seater bolting onto Government Way from a residence and fish-tailing in the snow. As it continued it swerved to the wrong side of the road, spun a donut then raced into the parking lot of Razzle’s Bar. The Deputy stopped the vehicle and contacted the driver, who refused to answer questions “out of respect” for the Deputy. The male showed signs of intoxication so Deputies started a DUI investigation, but the male refused everything and was arrested for DUI. 20-01410
• Deputies responded to the casino regarding an unwanted person. Casino security had a male detained as he was a suspect in a drug incident at the casino the day before and they wanted him trespassed. It was learned that security observed who they believed to be the male on surveillance footage drop a syringe on the gaming floor. Once the footage was reviewed by Deputies, his face was never seen, there was no witnesses and the male denied being in possession of the syringe. 20-01441/20-01447
Due to the heavy snow fall throughout the night, Deputies remained busy dealing with slide offs, crashes, traffic hazards and other traffic related incidents.
Have a safe Saturday everyone.
of the day!
• Deputies arrested a juvenile for their active warrant at JDC, after the juveniles parents turned him in.
• Recreation Safety Deputies responded to Fernan Saddle for a missing snowmobiler. The rider went out on Friday and did not return. Deputies went to Fernan Saddle and deployed on snowmobiles. The missing snowmobilers was located in the area of Burnt Cabin. It appears he got stuck in some deep snow and was not able to get himself out. He had food and warm clothing and ended up staying the night in the snow storm. He was cold when found but not injured.
• Multiple deputies responded to S. Watson Rd for a reported weapon offense. It was reported a family argument among siblings escalated when one of the siblings pointed a firearm at the other siblings and fired several shots inside the residence during a struggle over the firearm. All family members fled the residence leaving the suspect alone in his camper trailer he was living in behind the house. The KCSO SWAT team responded to the location and after a prolonged standoff the male surrendered. The male was arrested for aggravated assault X3, and aggravated battery X2. Multiple shell casings and weapons were found at the residence. 20-01525.
• Deputies investigated an injury to jail report and added additional charges on a female after she smashed one of the jail phones. 20-01510
• Deputies handled a vehicle theft report from the casino. The vehicle owner advised her “close friends”, a male and female had stolen her vehicle after she gave them the keys to go grab some cigarettes from the vehicle. The vehicle was entered into NCIC. 20-01542
Deputies handled several crashes and slide offs as drivers attempted to get around on the snow covered roadways. Deputies spent a good amount of time conducting patrols in the outlining areas of the county. They also conducted several traffic stops for moving and equipment violations.
for the day!
• Deputies took a crash report where a mini-van was following a Lakes Highway District snow plow too closely and slid into it. Driver of van was issued citation for following too close.
• Deputies responded to a threatening report. A male reported he received threatening text messages from someone stating they could see in the windows of his house and see his daughter in her room. The messages took a threatening tone that the sender would shoot the daughter unless a ransom was paid. Deputies checked the residence and the surrounding area but did not see anyone or how they had inside knowledge about the residence. This investigation is ongoing.
• Deputies found a vehicle slid off the road at Prairie and McGuire. The driver was arrested for DUI. Once at the jail the driver blew a .292/.310.
• Deputies responded to East Timber Lane for a welfare check. A male called to report a female was at his residence in violation of the current no contact order. The male also reported that the female had battered him. Deputies attempted to make entry, but the door was locked. At the request of the homeowner Deputies kicked the door several times. Eventually Deputies were able to gain entry and located the female. Both parties were highly intoxicated. The female was arrested for violation of the no contact order.
• Deputies responded to the Hayden Inn room #15 for a welfare check. Two RP’s called in and said children were in the room while meth was being used and meth smoke was blown in a 2 year old”s face recently. They contacted a female on scene with her 13 year old daughter and her 2 year old grandson. A consent search led to a meth pipe being located. She was arrested for possession of paraphernalia and 2 x counts of injury to a child. CPS was called to shelter the children.
• Deputies then responded to the Bennet Bay Inn to attempt to locate the 2 year old’s mother. They were able to get a hold of her on the phone which led them to her room. She pretended that she was in the room alone but gave consent to search her room when verified she was on felony probation. Her friend was located in the room with meth and paraphernalia. The mother was arrested for meth and para and charged with injury to a child. The male friend was also arrested for his warrants as well as meth and para. 20-01620
• Deputies responded to Triple Play for a report of a trespassing. A female was reportedly told to leave several times earlier in the day. The business called in as she was back and suspiciously walking in and around the business again. She was located walking around the back of the building. The female was formally trespassed per the business. The female advised she was looking for an unnamed male with another female, and denied being asked to leave.
• Deputies responded to JDC and arrested a male juvenile for his warrant. 20-01629
• Deputies responded to E. Hayden Lake Rd. for a burglary alarm. The homeowner called in and said her audible alarm that announces which door opens went off saying the front door was open. She was near the front door and did not see anything but was freaked out. Deputies checked the area but were not able to see anything out of the ordinary. 20-01646